While some people may see the idea of doctors rendering home services a thing of the past; with critical thinking and re-evaluation, one would agree that it is a good idea and can even be modernized in order for it to be more effective. The reason why the house call doctor idea makes a whole lot of sense in these modern times is due to the fast-paced nature of modern life, time saving nature of the service, and more. The fact that patients and doctors benefit positively from this service is enough reason why it should be encouraged. House call doctor’s services is recognized and certified by the American Board of Internal Medicine signifying that doctors are allowed to practice it; and for this reason, a lot of doctors are currently switching from full time hospital job to house call doctor’s services. Even if you search online, you’ll find the websites of doctors offering the service.
Putting the doctor’s benefit aside, these concierge doctors also take pride in the fact that they can read their patients reaction real good and tell when they are fine or sick. This singular act gives the patient an assurance that he/she is in safe hands. At the hospital, doctors are not able to render full caring services to their patients simply because they are put under pressure by the nurses always seeking their attention, and the patients sitting in a queue eagerly expecting the word “next” from the doctor’s lips.
The patients undoubtedly have more to gain from house call doctor services and below are some of these gains.
- Patients don’t want to wait for hours in an urgent care facility or in an emergency room because they either feel irritated doing so or don’t have any time to waste.
- Some patients are not able to regularly keep appointments with their doctor as a result of an unforeseenoccurrence.
- Some individuals are on a tight leash at work and don’t have free time even for themselves. Such individuals benefits by calling the doctor to their homes.
- Patients can eliminate the high rates charged at urgent care centers and emergency rooms by calling a doctor over.
- Sudden illness can prevent an individual from gathering the strength to visit the hospital so the next option is to call a house doctor over.
- Few patients feel uneasy when they see other patients in far worse situations than they are so they prefer to get their treatment at home.
- Some patients have no concrete reason why they don’t want to visit the hospital when sick. They just want to experience personalized medical care that can be provided only by skilled house call doctors.
In conclusion, medical technology is not left to the hospitals alone these days as house call doctors use it too. Most of them have a small computer device which they use to run tests on their patients in order to know the actual cause of the sickness and the medications to be preferred.